Monday, June 29, 2015

Weekly Update #12

  From Dublin, hey. Good to see ya'll. Everything's good? Bueno, bueno. This week was excellent. Want me to tell you about it? Okay, I guess I can.

     To kick things off, on Tuesday we continued service work, had a great District Meeting on working with members, and had plenty of good times. I can't recall anything specific from Tuesday that seems to stand out. It was good though, very good.

     On Wednesday we ran around doing service again and teaching an interesting fellow. He was baptized, but was never confirmed. Kinda an odd case, but we're back in touch with him and working on getting his life back in order so he can be confirmed and all that good Jazz. I certainly hope he does well in getting back on track and figuring out what needs to be done and how important it is to get it done correctly.

     Weekly planning was great this week. We had minimal distractions, minimal cases where we broke out in jubilant song or quotations, and minimal times where we fell asleep or had to take emergency action to prevent us from falling asleep. This was certainly a triumph. Elder Oldham is always tired. He says, almost everyday, "I've never been this tired in my life.". Nevertheless, we maintained maximal awareness and planned like two well off Elders. We also called plenty of people to try and schedule appointments. On Friday, we also called the world again, just to be sure they weren't sleeping last time. 

     But the rest of Friday was good as well. Elder Oldham got a scooter! It's a pretty fancy thing, but we got rid of it. Anywho, that's also the only picture I took this week because I've been lazy with the camera usage. 



     Saturday was great. We went to St. Stephen's Green to do some survey finding and we noticed a lot more rainbows than usual. Come to find out, it was a pride parade day. We got us hence and found people elsewhere as to avoid conflicts or confrontations. We then also had the great chance to give a brief lesson to our Polish trainer and his family then we were able to bless his son! Gah, it was so swell! He asked us if we could do a blessing and we were incredibly excited to do so. 

     Sunday, we had Elder Herbertson, our Area of the Seventy, at our ward. He gave an excellent message dealing with some of the themes found in "Be Still My Soul". I invite those who read this to listen to "Be Still My Soul" and to listen to the lyrics and what is being said. Later, we met with our friend from the Philippines who brought his friends from the Philippines. He also invited the Sister missionaries to come as well. The meal was excellent, and we were able to teach them a short lesson on the Plan of Salvation. Our friend is so aggressive with sharing the gospel. We had to reign him down several times while we were eating to not give the lesson we had planned before we were going to give it. It was great. Also, met some folks at church who took a picture of me and sent it to my Mom. Love you Mom! I'm blinking in the picture though. Now you judge me.


     Today, P-Day free day. It was good, we had a good time going around buying stuff. We also got incredibly incredible T-shirts for our companionship! I'll send a picture of them next week. 

     Day after day I am thankful for the opportunity I have to serve. I meet so many great people, and it's honestly difficult. It's hard to talk to people you meet on the streets or to be smiling all day. It's tough for me to be smiling in the sun. Sunlight kills my smile, but I do my best. I've been taking it step by step so far and I've gone quite a distance, but the journey is not over yet. I am so excited for what is in store for me in the coming weeks and I am also anxious and probably rather fearful. I don't know what's coming, but it's gonna be a blast.

God Speed

Elder Kinville

Jacob 6:12 "O be wise; what can I say more?"

No comments:

Post a Comment