Monday, January 9, 2017

Weekly Update #92

     Another wonderful week in Lerwick has gone by, so let me tell you about it.

     The rest of Tuesday was pretty relaxed, we didn't do a whole lot, but we enjoyed it. Here's this neat beach in Lerwick. 


We also had Branch council. That was good.

     Wednesday we went about and saw some friends. In the morning, we were at the quilting club where we had a grand time there. After, we visited one of our friends, went to a family's house for dinner, and then had another visit with some friends and a grand conversation to top it all off! It was grand. 

     On Thursday morning, we went over to another friend's house and had a wonderful conversation with him. We haven't seen him since before the New Year, so it was good to catch up. He also gave us this epic painting. The mountains in that painting totally remind me of the Tetons. 



I love the painting, it sits across from where I usually sit in the flat. My favorite thing, so it is. Later, we did some work about the town and then we went to another family's house for dinner.

     Friday was a fun and grand day! In the morning, we did some work and then we visited one of our friends. After that, we dropped off a carpet cleaner that's been in the flat for a while, and that was good. Then, on somewhat of a spur of the moment type deal, we tried by these people who the missionaries used to meet with and had sort of vanished right before I came up here. We tried by and they were in, they let us in, we had a grand conversation, and it was great! Fun times!

     Saturday was also a good day. We started with coordination for the Branch missionary work. After, we did some work before it was time to go to the Youth Cafe. It was great to be back at the cafe. We had a good time there, and after we got kebabs. 


How can you top it off?

     So, there's this member in Lerwick, his name is Bob. He is fantastic, some of you know about Bob. He calls us every now and then and leaves us a voicemail just saying "James Bond, James Bond" or sometimes "The name's Bond, James Bond." Anywho, he gives the missionaries nicknames and also a little Shetland flag pin, and this week I got my pin! 


It's super neat, I like it! He's already given me my nickname, it's Quite Sensible. But during Church, he gave me the pin. After, we had a lunch with a family, then did some work before going over to another family's house for dinner. We had a wonderful time there! They're so much fun. And that was our week!

     Today, we'll be seeing some old ruins and whatnot and it's going to be good!

     Thank you all for the support, emails, letters, prayers, and everything else! It means a lot to me, I kid you not. Have a wonderful week, ya'll!
Godspeed

Elder Kinville

Jacob 6:12 "O be wise; what can I say more?"
In the name of progress!

ALSO ON WEDNESDAY WE THINK WE SAW THE NORTHERN LIGHTS, BUT IT WAS CLOUDY AND MY CAMERA COULDN'T CATCH IT!!!! :D

That's all, thanks!

Godspeed

Elder Kinville

Jacob 6:12 "O be wise; what can I say more?"
In the name of progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment