Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Weekly Update #91

    From a festive Lerwick, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hopefully everyone is in tip-top, ship-shape, because I certainly am. I am emailing on Tuesday rather than Monday because it was a bank holiday yesterday and Lerwick was closed. I've never seen a whole town closed before, but Lerwick was. I am impressed.


     The rest of Tuesday we did something. I can't remember what, but we did it. It was grand. 

     Wednesday was a fantastic day. After going out and doing a bit of work, we were walking by the sea (because Shetland is an island, y'know) and we actually saw a sunset! 



Granted, this was 3:00 PM, but the sunset was magical! There was also an otter, but that's a different story. After doing some work out by the magical sunset, we went off to a dinner and then ended the night visiting a friend. It certainly was magical.

     Thursday was grand as well. We did some grand work in the morning, had lunch and whatnot, went about and did something, probably some more work, and then closed out in the evening having a blast at a dinner with a family.

     Friday was good, and I remember what happened Friday! We found a neat sign after we parked infront of it. 


I enjoy that sign. But we spent most of Friday visiting with a friend. It was great, great time there.

     Saturday was New Year's Eve! We spent a good portion of the day at a family's house and we had a blast over there. It was fun. Really fun. On the way back to our flat it was pretty slick. We handled it, though. Elder Giles is a champion driver. 

     Sunday was a new day, new year. It was grand. Elder Giles and I had the opportunity to speak in church. It was fantastic. After church, we had a lunch with a family and then went over to a house to celebrate the rest of the New Year. It was fantastic.

     Then on Monday, we had a good day. We went about and did a wee bit of work and then after the day was done and dusted, we went with a friend to FHE. It was incredibly fun, we played Cluedo (Called Clue in America), and I was so close to winning. But then someone forgot they had the room card and didn't show it when I asked so I got out, but it was worth it. 

     It's been good, it's going to be good and I am so excited for what's coming up. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year and please, keep doing good.

Godspeed

Elder Kinville

Jacob 6:12 "O be wise; what can I say more?"
In the name of progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment