Monday, June 6, 2016

Weekly Update #61

 From the sunny, sunny land of Livingston, good morning to everyone! Wow! What a week this has been! F'reals! Thurso was fun, a beautiful place, but Livingston is the happening place! Let me tell you all about it!

     On Monday, we had to email at the church because it was a bank holiday and we couldn't email Tuesday because I would be on a train down to Edinburgh. So, we did that. After, we did light shopping, packing, said good-byes, and the like. It was grand. A wonderful last day.

     Tuesday, we were up at six to be able to catch the bus at seven so we could be in Inverness by ten. Lot's of numbers there. Anywho, we made it down safely and at the train station, Elder Wynder and I parted ways and I boarded a train to Edinburgh. Final selfie with this champion. 


Well done, Elder Wynder. Good luck in Thurso. Anyways, was on the train for a good four hours. It was a lovely train ride, can't complain. There were no other missionaries traveling from Inverness to Edinburgh, so I was companions with the Holy Ghost for this ride. What a blast! Anyways, got to Edinburgh, met Elder Arave, took the intro selfie that started our companionship, and then we took another train to Livingston. 


We got my luggage in Livingston, quick unpack session, did some shopping, and then GQed a bit. The crazy thing here, first fellow we GQed let us in his flat and we had a lesson. It was crazy. Kid you not. After that, we kept GQing and such, went to the church for Missionary Coordination, met the ward mission leader (Who I had met in Dalkeith [This will be a common theme as well as in Thurso]), Cameron (the ward mission leader) is a splendid fellow. We then had Chinese for dinner, and that was the night. Big day.

     Wednesday we rocked and rolled with what I knew how to do best: chapping! So, we knocked on some good doors. It was an enjoyable time. We did that until lunch, ate lunch, and went out elsewhere to keep chapping. We found this cat, his name is Hobengrand Foxworth. 


He's a slick fellow. Anywho, we chapped, talked to some people, and then had dinner and had a lesson in a park. That was a good lesson, too. That was Wednesday.

     Thursday we started off weekly planning. 

     At this point, I must say that Elder Arave is a champion. He is incredible, kid you not. I knew him in the MTC and we always schemed about trying to serve together as Zone Leaders or something, but this works just as well, methinks. Also, Arave is pronounced RV. 

     So we weekly planned! That was enjoyable. After that, we had lunch and we went chapping again! Whoooo! That's what we did most of the day. In the evening, we met up with some members at the church, several of whom I've met prior in Dalkeith, and they asked me if I knew the Kirks up in Thurso. The answer was yes, because Thurso is only so big. So that was grand. We visited some less-active members, had a lovely chat with them, and then it was the end of the day. Day done.

     Friday was also enjoyable. We started off going to Canada, a cluster of houses who's street names are named after places in Canada, and we chapped that area out. After, we started another block of houses and met this fellow who had a lovely conversation with us at the door. It was quite fun. After, it was lunch, then we did some more chapping. We then went to this fellow, Dan the Hotdog Man. He's a Canadian hotdog seller, and he is... I can't use the word which means 'to inspire or promote awe' so I'll say flippin' incredible. He is flippin' incredible. His hotdogs are grand, too! Anywho, we met him, ate some hotdogs, and I was dubbed an honorary Canadian. I was taken back, but went with it. Later that night, as we were chapping, I was mistaken for a Canadian. Dan works magic, let me say.

     On Saturday we taught a lesson to a family. That was wonderful. They were confused about my accent and thought I was from Canada. Yep. Twice. In less than 24 hours. I have decided I am part Canadian. But besides that, we had a wonderful lesson with them. After, we did some chapping! It's always fun to chap. Then, we met a member family and had dinner with them. I had a delicious Donner burger. That, was incredible. After, we did more chapping and then it was night.

     Sunday I went to church where I met most of the Livingston Ward. They're grand. Plenty of people asked me if I knew the Kirks and all that fun Jazz. Elder Arave and I taught a primary class with Cameron, and it was grand. After church, we visited some members, brought them the sacrament, and then had a lesson with these two less-active folks. That was a fun lesson. We also had purple (more like a pink) mashed potatoes. 


This will be a thing with me and Elder Arave.

     That was last week. It was... Incredible. I loved it. Lot's of stuff done, and lot's of things to do. 

     You all, have a great week! Cheers!
Godspeed

Elder Kinville

Jacob 6:12 "O be wise; what can I say more?"

No comments:

Post a Comment