Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Weekly Update #83

     A day late, but from the Granite City of Aberdeen, hello! Terribly sorry about that, you'll hear about why that was so in just a wee bit!

     Monday was good! We had dinner at a member's house and watched some fireworks! Pretty fun, pretty neat! That was Monday. I also had a pretty good costume. The picture says it all.


     Tuesday was our final District Meeting. It was nice. Elder Gibb and Keim were grand and it was a good meeting. We then got a call from some missionaries about some members who are moving to Dundalk! That was neat, so we chatted with them and got some things worked out there. It was grand. After the meeting and into the evening, we had a study class at the Church and that was that.

     Wednesday we had a decent time just doing finding about Dundalk and whatnot. It was good, pretty good.

     Thursday were going in from town when Elder Plewe's tire exploded, so we had to do some walking. We went down to Drogheda again, had a blast finding down there, then returned to Dundalk for Branch Council. Short, sweet, to the point!

     Friday we were out for exchanges to Finglas to do some work there. I was with Elder Keim and we had a blast! I also got a Boojum's shirt! This is great! I am so, so, so happy about this shirt, you have no idea. So that was great.



     Saturday we got a text saying moves call was coming that evening. I was kinda taken back, but we went for it, did some work, visited some folks around Dundalk's area, and was having dinner with an investigator when we got the call. It was then that I was told I was going to be transferred to Lerwick! Now, Lerwick is also known as the Shetland Islands. I. Am. So. Excited. You. Have. No. Idea. Chances are, that will be my final area and I am so, so, so excited.

     Sunday we went to chuch, told members I was heading off to Lerwick when I got a call from the Mission Home saying I had to leave Monday morning at 7:00 to start my travel. So, we packed and got a train down to Dublin that night.

     Monday, we woke up early and got on the bus. I travelled with two other missionaries who will be in my District. We bused to Belfast, got a ferry to Strenrar, got a bus to Edinburgh, where I met Elder Arave again (who's going to be my District Leader!) and then I got a train to Aberdeen. I was the only Elder on the train. It was fun. Monday night, 9:15ish I rolled into Aberdeen and spent the night. That's why I couldn't email, I was traveling all day.


     Today, I've woken up and gone a wee bit around Aberdeen. My new companion is Elder Giles and it should be a blast! We catch the fourteen hour ferry to the Shetland Isles Wednesday night and it is going to be fun!

     This week, especially this weekend, has been a blast! I am so, so, so excited. You don't even know!

     Thank you all for your support and help! I wish you all a grand week and safety in what you do! Choose the right and be the very best!

Godspeed

Elder Kinville

Jacob 6:12 "O be wise; what can I say more?"
In the name of progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment