Monday, April 4, 2016

Weekly Update #52

 From the rainy land of Thurso, hello! Let's get going what must needs be going!

     The rest of Monday was alright! We shopped, had a P-day, and then closed out with a coordination meeting with Fraser, which is always good and fun. Fraser is a fantastic branch mission leader.

     Tuesday we started off GQing Thurso and having a blast at that. After, we did some traveling about, went to Wick after lunch, and GQed there. We then dropped by a member's house for a bit where their cat became my parrot. I've never had a cat on my shoulder before.


It was neat. After that, a new kebab shop opened in Thurso, so we ate at it and it was incredible! One of the best kebabs I've had. After, we drove to Invergordon for our Zone Interview Meeting the following day.

     We woke up at 4, drove to Aberdeen, and had Zone Interview Training. It was a blast! I got to see Elder Olsen from my MTC group, which was marvelous because I haven't seen him since the MTC. That was neat. It was a good session of training and focusing as well. We traveled back to Invergordon, got kebabs there again, and that was our day!

     Thursday we drove back to Thurso and got right back working. We did some contacting and then did a bit of service with some members there. It was good.

     Friday, we did a bit of service on the croft where we built a gate for a cow. The gate looked good, the cow looked good, Elder Wynder looked good, and I think I look pretty good, too. 


Anywho, the rest of the day we GQed a bit, did some planning, and then went to a member's home for a fantastic meal. We then went to ward council, which is always an enjoyable experience.

     Saturday was a grand ol' day! We started off right proper with charity shop service, and then had lunch and returned to Wick for trying by folks. At the charity shop, I found a magical UFO and made it fly! 


So magical. After, we watched the first session of General Conference and the World Report at the Jones', which is always a blast! They made some meat thing with an egg on top and then some spicy broccoli. I can't remember what it was called, but it was great!

     Sunday was consumed by watching General Conference. We also had another dinner with some members who are taking us to see some Iron Age ruins up in Thurso later today! Fun! 

     General Conference was great, wasn't it? I loved some of the speakers. President Uchtdorf was especially grand, but in the Saturday Morning Session I was struck by the words of Elder Duncan. I went on a train of thought that I've had prior to my mission, but now it means all the more. We can never gauge our success or failures based off a variable that is not in our direct control. In terms of missionary work, we have success when we invite. Baptizing folks isn't success, reactivating less-actives isn't success, but when we invite others to come unto Christ, we succeed. I love that bit. It is a good bit of knowledge. 

     Anywho, that was that! Hopefully you all keep having an excellent week and marvelous times! Cheers!
Godspeed

Elder Kinville

Jacob 6:12 "O be wise; what can I say more?"

No comments:

Post a Comment