Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekly Update #3

 Top of the morning to you from green Ireland! That's right, I'm out of the MTC and into the field! My first area is the Dublin, Ireland area. We cover most of the southern bits of Dublin.

     On Friday, we (Me and the 10 other missionaries to serve in Scotland/Ireland) woke up early and rode a bus up to Edinburgh to meet President Brown and our future companions. After arrival, we unloaded then got back onto the bus to hike Pratt's Hill, also known as Arthur's Seat. The hill looks over most of Edinburgh and the hike is challenging but gorgeous. Up there, we sang "High On A Mountain Top". It was incredible.

     Following that, we returned to the mission home for introductions and in-field basic training as to taking care of our flats and whatnot. We were then assigned to our companions and area. My companion is Elder Oldham, from Utah/Oregon. He's been out ten months, seems swell, and I am excited to work with him these next five weeks. 

     On Saturday, we woke up, bused to the ferry, rode the ferry to Belfast, then bused down to Dublin. The ride was great. In Ireland, every sign is in two different languages: English and Gaelic. It's so marvelous, much more marvelous than seeing Spanish and English on every sign. 

     Yesterday, we went to the church building where I was introduced to some of the ward. I was blessed with the opportunity to bless the sacrament with Elder Oldham, give the closing prayer in sacrament meeting, teach Gospel Principles, and was assigned to give a talk in two weeks time. Incredibly fast-paced, but I got this. Don't fret. 

     After church, we went to teach an investigator, Anthony, with Brother Allaman. That lesson went great and we did extend an invitation for baptism to Anthony, who then accepted it when he's overcome his problems in his life. I feel incredibly blessed to have had that chance.
     
     Then, Brother and Sister Allaman were kind enough to invite us over to dinner at their house. They're from Utah, and she grew up in Rexburg! Crazy, yeah! The dinner was marvelous, so no one should worry about me starving. After that, we visited an older gent who's in the hospital, and we talked with him a bit. He's a member and I am so blessed to be serving here. Kid you not, I'm loving the mission. Dismiss all worries now and forever, schnell. 

     I have not gotten my camera yet, but hopefully today I can get one and start sending pictures! Hopefully. Hope is good. 

     I wish you all the best as you go on with your weeks.

     Remember that Christ is standing next to us, His hand stretched out. If we lose sight of Him and notice the waves and torrents around us and we feel like we're sinking, all we have to do is reach out to Him. 

     God Speed

     Love ya'll

     Elder Kinville 

No comments:

Post a Comment